Parents looking for more information should contact their child’s teacher, counselor, or other staff member with any questions. The Mamaroneck Special Education Parent-Teacher Association (SEPTA) is another great resource for networking with other parents.
This Parent Handbook provides a comprehensive resource about Student Support Services for interested families.
The below list of community presentations by district staff sponsored by SEPTA will be updated as they occur. For future events, please see the SEPTA website:
- October 25, 2018 - "Let’s Get Visual! All About Visual Supports and Why They Work” - 7:00PM – 8:00PM - HMX Library: Presentation and Support Materials
- December 13, 2018 - "Children Are The Best Teachers - Maximizing Peer and Sibling Interactions to Help Our Kids Learn Skills" - 7:00PM – 8:00PM - HMX Library
- January 24, 2019 - "Helping Our Kids Help Themselves - Strategies to Help Our Kids Increase Confidence and Independence" - 7:00PM – 8:00PM - HMX Library
- March 7, 2019 - "Reinforcing the Importance of Reinforcement - Understanding Why Motivation Is So Critical in the Learning Process and How to Keep It High For Our Kids” - 7:00PM – 8:00PM - HMX Library
Please see below archived presentations from past school years:
- "Behavior 101 - Why We Do What We Do" Presentation
- "All About Functional Behavior Assessments and Behavior Plans - How We Do Them and Why They Work" Presentation
- "Increasing Learning and Independence at Home - How a Few Simple Systems Can Make a Big Difference!" Presentation English/ Presentation Spanish
- "Prompting for Success - Strategies to Facilitate Learning and Help Your Child Become More Independent" Presentation