Parents looking for more information should contact their child’s teacher, counselor, or other staff member with any questions. The Mamaroneck Special Education Parent-Teacher Association (SEPTA) is another great resource for networking with other parents.
This Parent Handbook provides a comprehensive resource about Student Support Services for interested families.
The below list of community presentations by district staff sponsored by SEPTA will be updated as they occur. For future events, please see the SEPTA website:
- September 27, 2017 – Part 1: The ABCs of Student Support Services: What does it all mean? – 7:00PM, HMX library
- October 19, 2017 – Part 2: Student Support Services: Which model is Right for my Child? – 7:00PM, HMX library
- November 2, 2017 – Zones of Regulation, CBT and DBT: What they are and how they can help at home and at school – 7:00PM, HMX library: Presentation
- November 14, 2017 – SEPTA Building Bridges Event – 7:00PM, HMX library
- March 29, 2018 – Sex Ed, Puberty and the Special Needs Adolescent – 7:00PM, MHS library
In addition, we have 4 parent training sessions. All are welcome to attend. The training sessions are scheduled for:
- October 26, 2017 - "Behavior 101 - Why We Do What We Do" - 7:00PM – 8:00PM - HMX Library: Presentation
- December 7, 2017 - "All About Functional Behavior Assessments and Behavior Plans - How We Do Them and Why They Work" - 7:00PM – 8:00PM - HMX Library: Presentation
- January 25, 2018 - "Increasing Learning and Independence at Home - How a Few Simple Systems Can Make a Big Difference!" - 7:00PM – 8:00PM - HMX Library: Presentation English/ Presentation Spanish
- March 15, 2018 - "Prompting for Success - Strategies to Facilitate Learning and Help Your Child Become More Independent" - 7:00PM – 8:00PM - HMX Library: Presentation