Parents looking for more information should contact their child’s teacher, counselor, or other staff member with any questions. The Mamaroneck Student Support Committee (SSC) is another great resource for networking with other parents.
The below list of community presentations by district staff sponsored by SSC will be updated as they occur. For future events, please see the Student Support Committee (SSC) website.
Please see below archived presentations from past school years:
- January 14, 2021 - "The Journey from CPSE to CSE": English and Spanish
- "Strategies to Improve Focus and Motivation at Home": English and Spanish
- October 23, 2019 - "Expanding Your Child's World: Getting the Ready For New People, Places and Things”: English and Español
- January 16, 2020 - "Journey from CPSE to Kindergarten": English and Español
- March 4, 2020 - "Skills for Life - Helping Your Kids Build Independence" 7:00pm - 8:00pm HMX Library: English and Spanish
- October 25, 2018 - "Let’s Get Visual! All About Visual Supports and Why They Work” - 7:00PM – 8:00PM - HMX Library: Presentation and Support Materials
- December 13, 2018 - "Children Are The Best Teachers - Maximizing Peer and Sibling Interactions to Help Our Kids Learn Skills" - 7:00PM – 8:00PM - HMX Library: Presentation English and Presentación español
- January 24, 2019 - "Helping Our Kids Help Themselves - Strategies to Help Our Kids Increase Confidence and Independence" - 7:00PM – 8:00PM - HMX Library: Presentation
- March 7, 2019 - "Reinforcing the Importance of Reinforcement - Understanding Why Motivation Is So Critical in the Learning Process and How to Keep It High For Our Kids” - 7:00PM – 8:00PM - HMX Library
- "Behavior 101 - Why We Do What We Do" Presentation
- "All About Functional Behavior Assessments and Behavior Plans - How We Do Them and Why They Work" Presentation
- "Increasing Learning and Independence at Home - How a Few Simple Systems Can Make a Big Difference!" Presentation English/ Presentation Spanish
- "Prompting for Success - Strategies to Facilitate Learning and Help Your Child Become More Independent" Presentation