Mamaroneck Public School’s Wellness Committee Mission is to promote the health and wellness of our students, faculty and community through education and initiatives that:
- Encourage habits of wellness
- Increase awareness of factors and resources that contribute to wellbeing
- Inspire and empower individuals to take responsibility for their own health
- Support a sense of community in which the health and overall wellbeing of our students is recognized as an essential element of their success
We recognize that the physical, social and emotional well-being of our students, faculty and parent body are all crucial elements of a student's academic success and lifelong health and wellness.Health & Wellness in our schools . . .
Our staff of committed educators and parent volunteers are dedicated to developing programs in our schools that promote our students’ health and overall well-being. This webpage will provide information to students, faculty, and parents about the wonderful wellness initiatives in our district, with additional links and contact information for further information regarding our community partners, athletics department, and food and health services. The curricular disciplines of health and physical education can be found on the home page under teaching and learning.
Our Wellness Committee is made up of parents and faculty representatives from every school building. The committee is charged with coordinating the efforts in our school community in health and wellness. This page can provide you with helpful links to promote health and fitness in your family. The committee works in an advisory capacity to the Board of Education, and has examined topics such as:
- Food Service
- School Based health programs
- Food Allergy Education
- Social Emotional Learning & Mindfulness
- Lunch & Learns programs with local physicians and health professionals
- Substance Abuse in conjunction with RADAR and the PT Council
- Development of grants to enhance community membership and student learning
- Playground equipment
- Bike Safety and Safe Routes to Schools
- Hydration stations
- Staff training in Wellness Coaching and Functional Fitness
- Promotion of community events such as the Mamaroneck Schools Foundation Kids Triathlon, Recreation Department Sprint to Flint, Turkey Trot, Crunchy Carnivals, and various athletic events throughout the year.
The committee welcomes new members and encourage interested community members to contact Bari Suman at email@example.com or Kathleen Dwyer at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on becoming a part of our Wellness Committee.