This page contains announcements of interest to our parents and provided by non-profit organizations within the Larchmont- Mamaroneck community. To be listed here, the announcement must be local, relevant to our students K-12, non-profit in nature, and nonpartisan. The Mamaroneck School District cannot promote for-profit businesses and/or endorse any particular commercial product(s).
Send submissions (just a few short sentences or paragraph, at least one week lead time) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Light Up Larchmont Saturday December 3rd, 3pm-6pm
All are encouraged to join the Larchmont Professional Fire Fighters and the Larchmont Police Benevolent Association for the 8th Annual Light Up Larchmont!!
Rain or shine this year's FREE event returns outdoors in front of Larchmont's Village Hall, with Santa! Backdropped on a colorful holiday scenescape, we will have 3 photo stations to instantly have your pictures taken to capture the feeling of the holiday season!
This year, we will be featuring a holiday movie in the park! Directly after our annual tree lighting at 5:15pm, we will show Frosty's Winter Wonderland! Bring your chairs and blankets and bundle up with free hot cocoa and popcorn! (Movie run time: 30 mins). Throughout the event we will have a constant supply of hot cocoa, pastries, and candy-canes. In addition we hope you get creative with do-it-yourself arts and crafts! We will also have musicians and carolers from the Larchmont Music Academy!
Across the street, the Larchmont Library will be having their book sale, and the Larchmont Chamber of Commerce will also be doing events throughout our great village.
So come out to the Larchmont Fire House at 120 Larchmont Avenue and start your holiday season off right, with a jolly good time, great people all around, and festive family memories to last a lifetime. *This completely free event is funded by the Larchmont Professional Fire Fighters Association (Local 895) and the Larchmont Police Benevolent Association.
**Stay tuned and like us on Facebook! As the event draws closer, we will post important updates!
Larchmont-Mamaroneck Youth Wrestling Registration is Open
Come have some fun learning and participating in the world's oldest and greatest sport - wrestling! This year we will be running two separate sessions of LMYW. One for new wrestlers (LMYW Black) where we will introduce the sport, teach the basics and build skills over the course of 10 weekly sessions. The other is for returning wrestlers (LMYW Orange) where we will refresh the basics, go deeper in building skills and prepare our wrestlers for match competition over the course of our 21 practice season. For dates, times and to register, please check out our website (www.lmyw.org) or email email@example.com. The program is open for all MUFSD 6th Graders. Needs-based Scholarships are available, but spots are limited!
- Village of Mamaroneck Committee for the Environment’s Fall Clean & Green Day on Saturday, November 5, from 9:30am to Noon. Meet at Harbor Island Park. Download the PDF flyer. Volunteers can sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/
go/70a0a44a8ab2fa0ff2-fall1 For more information, please contact Ellen Silver at ESilver@vomny.net.
- Village of Mamaroneck Tree Committee’s Citizen Pruners Workshop on Saturday, November 5, 1:00pm to 3:00pm. Meet at the Florence Park Entrance at English Place & Park Avenue. Download the PDF flyer. Click here to sign-up: https://forms.office.com/
Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id= s1oc66o7U0SAemEXltbNTVrnB6bu1D ZErOrpMAnqrTVUMDAwWTNGV0I2QldD MDU2WDFHS1JCNllTTC4u. For more information, please contact Beverley Sherrid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- American Legion Post 90 Veterans Day Observances on Friday, November 11 at 11:00am. 189 Prospect Avenue, Mamaroneck. Download the PDF flyer. For more information, please contact Barb Pearson, Commander of American Legion Post 90 at ALPost90@aol.com.
- The Village of Mamaroneck Parks and Recreation Department welcomes runners and spectators for the 56th annual Turkey Trot and Gobbler Race! Download the PDF flyer. The event will be held on Sunday, November 20, at Harbor Island Park. Race day registration opens at 8:00am. The 1-mile Gobbler Race will begin at 9:45am and the 5K Turkey Trot will begin after completion of Gobbler Race. All registrants will receive a free t-shirt and medal. Register online at register.chronotrack.com/r/
69533. Need help with the online registration? Click here to download a Turkey Trot Chronotrack How To Guide.
Mamaroneck Schools Foundation Fall Get-Together: Thursday, October 27 - 7-9 pm at Bonnie Briar Golf Club
Join in the kick-off the 2022-23 school year TOGETHER on a beautiful fall evening. Enjoy catching up with friends old and new in celebration of the return to school and hear about all that MSF has planned for our 26th year!
Enjoy passed hors d'oeuvres and a complimentary drink, included in your RSVP (cash bar will also be available). We'll be out on the lower outdoor terrace overlooking the grounds of Bonnie Briar Golf Club. This is a rain or shine event - don't wait to reserve your spot; space is limited and it will sell out!
Tri County / Travel Basketball Tryouts for Larchmont Mamaroneck and Rye Neck resident
For boys in the 5th, 6th and 7th grade
All tryouts are at the House of Sports in Ardsley, NY
Boys 5th Grade October 18 and 19 at 6 pm
Please contact Ed Keating and Jonathan Seibald
Boys 6th Grade October 26 at 6 pm
Please contact Rich Grodin at Richard.email@example.com
Boys 7th Grade October 18 and 19 at 7:30
Please contact Stephen Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org
FROM THE MAMARONECK-LARCHMONT STUDENT AID FUND:
JUNE 17TH: The Larchmont Run, The Sprint to Flint, is back! The event will take place on Friday evening, June 17, it will once again start and end in Flint Park with lots of treats along the way. Don't wait, register today and wear the t-shirt forever! https://events.
The District is grateful for the Mamaroneck Schools Foundation's support for the past 25 years! MSF has awarded more than 488 grants totaling more than $4.6 Million, impacting students across all grades and all six schools. Read more about the Foundation here.
NY Project Hope: An Emotional COVID-19 Support Helpline (Funded by FEMA and overseen by the NY State Office of Mental Health) Available to Mamaroneck School District Families:
The NY Project Hope team has an emotional support helpline that anyone (children and adults) may call to talk to a crisis counselor about their COVID-19 experiences and to be connected to any resources they may need, available Monday-Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. The helpline is free, anonymous, and confidential. They also conduct educational presentations and support groups for people who have struggled during the pandemic to talk and connect with others. Virtual and in-person groups and wellness workshops for people of all ages (youth, adults, and seniors) across Westchester.
Learn More Here: NY Project Hope: https://nyprojecthope.org/
The Sharing Shelf is Westchester's Clothing Bank for Children founded to combat clothing insecurity among low-income children and families in our community and meet basic material needs such as socks, underwear, diapers, feminine hygiene and toiletries. We collect new and gently used clothing for infants, children and teens. That clothing is sorted by quality, size, season and gender then distributed to local, low income children at no cost through nonprofits, schools, hospitals and community groups in Westchester County. The children we serve receive a week's worth of seasonally appropriate clothing matched to their sizing needs. To schedule your donation visit: https://www.sharingshelf.org/donate-clothing or for more information, email us at email@example.com. For information about volunteering: https://www.sharingshelf.org/volunteer
Tri-County Boys Basketball (TCBL) Tryouts
- Calling all 5th grade boys who are interested in playing travel basketball. For more information on the Tri County Boys Basketball League tryouts, click here.
- For those 6th grade boys interested in high level competitive basketball against teams from Westchester and Putnam Counties. Season runs from November until March. One team of approximately 10 players is being formed.Open to residents of Larchmont, Mamaroneck and Rye Neck. Tryout Dates October 30 and 31. Parents of interested children are asked to contact Stephen Hughes (firstname.lastname@example.org) and sign their child up PRIOR to the try-out dates. Additional information will then be provided.
The Village of Mamaroneck Police Department is hosting a Community Night Out on Friday, October 1st from 4 to 7pm at Harbor Island Park. The event will allow the community to get to know Village Police Officers and see demonstrations by the Village of Mamaroneck Police Department, Fire Department, Mamaroneck EMS and the Mamaroneck Parks and Highway Department. Community Night Out will also feature local food trucks, live music and games with prizes for many ages.