MUFSD 2020 Restart Strategy
Important Family Survey regarding the Fall, 2020 Restart.
The purpose of this survey is to get a clear picture of parents' intentions for the fall reopening of schools and to gather information about children who need to borrow district devices and/or WiFi hotspots. We are requesting that ALL district families complete this survey SEPARATELY for each child in your household (i.e., families with multiple children should fill out the survey multiple times).
Innovate. Change. Improve.
Preliminary Work: Planning for Hybrid Learning Model (with students learning part-time in school and part-time remotely at home)
We moved from our initial planning with Stanford University's K-12 Design Lab in June to more detailed planning at the school level:
- Consulting with specialists (e.g., architects, medical professionals, and safety personnel)
- Focusing on lessons learned, innovative approaches, and emerging resources and knowledge (reopening models used by various countries)
- Delving into detailed considerations with the District's 26-member administrative team; developing Hybrid prototypes at each level
- Creating continued opportunities for stakeholders to provide feedback and respond to prototypes
- Helping the community navigate uncertainty while preparing for reopening
- Keeping the community informed through regular, ongoing communications