MUFSD 2020 Restart Strategy
Important Family Survey regarding the Fall, 2020 Restart.
The purpose of this survey is to get a clear picture of parents' intentions for the fall reopening of schools and to gather information about children who need to borrow district devices and/or WiFi hotspots. We are requesting that ALL district families complete this survey SEPARATELY for each child in your household (i.e., families with multiple children should fill out the survey multiple times).
Innovate. Change. Improve.
Preliminary Work: Planning for Hybrid Learning Model (with students learning part-time in school and part-time remotely at home)
We moved from our initial planning with Stanford University's K-12 Design Lab in June to more detailed planning at the school level:
- Consulting with specialists (e.g., architects, medical professionals, and safety personnel)
- Focusing on lessons learned, innovative approaches, and emerging resources and knowledge (reopening models used by various countries)
- Delving into detailed considerations with the District's 26-member administrative team; developing Hybrid prototypes at each level
- Creating continued opportunities for stakeholders to provide feedback and respond to prototypes
- Helping the community navigate uncertainty while preparing for reopening
- Keeping the community informed through regular, ongoing communications
District Priorities for School Reopening
In a nutshell...
- Safety - Safety and mitigating risk of exposure continues to be our #1 Priority. All planning decisions are being made based on guidance from the NY State Education and Health Departments, the CDC and NY State Governor Cuomo.
- Robust Learning - The goal is to accommodate as many students as possible for in-person learning (preparing for transitions between hybrid and 100% remote learning should that become necessary again) and to ensure that all students -- whether learning in-person in the classroom or remotely -- are engaged in a structured day of robust learning. MUFSD will ensure that all teachers receive training and instructional tools needed to support students, assess their progress, and provide regular feedback.
- Social-Emotional Needs - Emphasis, as always, is placed on attending to students’ individual emotional needs and providing a safe, inclusive, and welcoming environment for all students.
Please see more detailed MUFSD's "Core Values and Priorities" guiding school reopening planning decisions.