Welcome to the Mamaroneck Union Free School District. In order to safeguard the health of your child/children, to place your child/children in the most appropriate program, and to conform to New York State law and District Policy, we will need certain information and records. In order to complete the enrollment process, this information must be completed and submitted to the District Registrar.

Register all new students with the District Registrar at the Family Information Center located at Mamaroneck High School. Please use the main Boston Post Road entrance. This includes registration for:

    • Universal Pre-K
    • new kindergarten students for the upcoming school year
    • any students transferring from other schools

If you have any questions, please call 914‐220‐3151. Se habla español.

Printer-Friendly Instructions / En español

The Registration Process

1. For Universal Pre-K and Kindergarten registration ONLY:

2. Online Registration:

Introducing our new online registration form! If you have a current parent portal account, log in to your account and click the blue "Register New Student" button.

If you are new to the district or do not have a parent portal account, access the online registration form.

If you have difficulty accessing this form, please contact the Family Information Center.

3. Fill out Information Packet:

Print and complete this packet (English and Spanish) and bring it with you to the Family Information Center.

4. Gather Required Documentation:

Please see the information below regarding required documentation.

5. Bring Information Packet and Required Documentation to the District Registrar:

It is required that the parent or guardian comes in person to register his/her child. The Family Information Center is open on school days from 8am to 3:30pm.

Required Documentation

The documents listed below must be submitted at the time of registration or within three (3) days of enrollment in order for the District to make a timely determination as to the student’s entitlement to attend District schools.

1. Parental Relationship

The School District requires a parent/guardian to provide proper proof of parental relationship. For example, if a student resides with one parent or shares residence between two (2) parents, the School District may require the parent(s) to submit an affidavit attesting to the living arrangement. Additionally, if a student resides with someone other than his/her parent, the School District may require that the parent and/or the person in parental relation submit an affidavit setting forth the circumstances under which the student resides with someone other than his/her parent. The School District may also accept other proof establishing parental relationship, such as documentation indicating that the child/children resides with a sponsor with whom the child/children has been placed by a federal agency. If you are unable to provide any proof of parental relationship, please speak with the Registrar concerning your unique circumstances.

2. Documentation of Age

In order to determine, for instance, the programming needs of your child/children, you will need to provide proof of age by providing one of the following:

a. An original or certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism (including an original or certified transcript of a foreign birth certificate or record of baptism) giving the date of birth; or

b. passport (including foreign passport) giving the date of birth

Where the above are not available, the School District may consider certain other documents/records in existence two years or more to determine age. One or more of these documents may be necessary. The documents include but are not limited to the following:
  • official driver’s license
  • state or other government issued identification
  • school photo identification with date of birth
  • consulate identification card
  • hospital or health records
  • military dependent identification card
  • documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (for instance, local social services agency, Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement)
  • court orders or other court-issued documents
  • Native American trial document
  • records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies
  • Note: The School District may need to verify these documents/record
3. Proof of Residency is required.

According to NY State Law, In order to register your child/children in the School District, you must be physically domiciled at your address within the School District’s geographic boundaries
Proof of Residency is required – You should provide at least one item from Section A and two items from Section B; if you cannot provide an item from Section A, you will need to provide four items from Section B.

Section A

  1. Original of a residential lease or proof of ownership of a house or condominium, such as a mortgage statement
  2. A statement by a third-party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation leases or with whom they share property within the district
  3. Such other statement by a third-party establishing parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation physical presence in the School District

Section B

  1. Pay stub
  2. Income tax form(s)
  3. Utility bill or other bills (e.g., power company, cable, National Grid, etc.).
  4. Membership documents that are based upon residency.
  5. Voter registration document(s)
  6. Official driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver identification
  7. State or other government issued identification
  8. Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (for instance, local social services agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement)
  9. Evidence of custody of the child/children, including, but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers
  10. Other forms of documentation and/or information establishing parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation physical presence in the School District
4. Health Information / Immunization Record

Details of all public health requirements are outlined in the health packets linked below. The school nurse will review and approve immunization records prior to the enrollment of new students.

5. Previous School Information

Please provide the most recent report card from the school in which the student is currently enrolled. Note: For high school students, please provide a transcript with all grade levels attended as well as a schedule of current courses the student has taken within the current year. If applicable, please provide copy of IEP, 504 Accommodation Plan, or other applicable documents. A release for education records from the former school (if any) will need to be completed.

PLEASE BE ADVISED that in order for your child/children to attend the Mamaroneck School District, you must be a resident of the School District. Section 210.45 of the Penal Law of the State of New York prohibits the making of a false written statement. Therefore, your statements contained in your registration application must be true and accurate. If the School District determines at any time that you are not a resident of the School District, your child/children will be excluded from the School District. Further, you will be liable to the School District for payment of tuition from their date of enrollment through their date of exclusion, as well as the costs of collection.