Register new students at the new Family Information Center at Mamaroneck High School (use main Boston Post Rd. entrance).
MAMARONECK UNION FREE SCHOOL DISTRICT
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
Welcome to the Mamaroneck Union Free School District (School District). In order to safeguard the health of your child/children, to place your child/children in the most appropriate program, and to conform to New York State law and District Policy, we will need certain information and records. In order to complete the enrollment process, this information and the District’s registration packet must be completed and submitted to the district registrar. The registration packet may be obtained from the District’s website or the district registrar.
These documents must be submitted at the time of registration or within three (3) days of enrollment in order for the District to make a timely determination as to the student’s entitlement to attend District schools.
1. Documentation of age - In order to determine, for instance, the programming needs of your child/children, you will need to provide proof of age by providing one of the following:
a. An original or certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism (including an original or certified transcript of a foreign birth certificate or record of baptism) giving the date of birth; or
b. passport (including foreign passport) giving the date of birthWhere the above are not available, the School District may consider certain other documents/records in existence two years or more to determine age. One or more of these documents may be necessary. The documents include but are not limited to the following:
- official driver’s license
- state or other government issued identification
- school photo identification with date of birth
- consulate identification card
- hospital or health records
- military dependent identification card
- documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (for instance, local social services agency, Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement)
- court orders or other court-issued documents
- Native American trial document
- records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies
- Note: The School District may need to verify these documents/record
Proof of Residency is required – You should provide at least one item from Section A and two items from Section B; if you cannot provide an item from Section A, you will need to provide four items from Section B.
- Copy of a residential lease or proof of ownership of a house or condominium, such as a mortgage statement
- A statement by a third-party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation leases or with whom they share property within the district
- Such other statement by a third-party establishing parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation physical presence in the School District
- Pay stub
- Income tax form(s)
- Utility bill or other bills (e.g., power company, cable, National Grid, etc.).
- Membership documents that are based upon residency.
- Voter registration document(s)
- Official driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver identification
- State or other government issued identification
- Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (for instance, local social services agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement)
- Evidence of custody of the child/children, including, but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers
- Other forms of documentation and/or information establishing parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation physical presence in the School District.